Realtors® aren’t just agents. They’re professional members of the National Association of Realtors® and adhere to a strict code of ethics.
Why Should You Use a Realtor®?
- They are experts in this market! Selling your home requires dozens of forms, reports, and documents. A Realtor® will help you prepare all of these avoiding any delays or costly mistakes. They can also help you get your home ready for sale by pointing out housing-code or zoning violations.
- They have marketing power! Our Realtors® have access to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), which is a goldmine for sellers! When your home is listed in the MLS, your home is sent out to dozens and dozens of online sites and into home buyers agents’ hands! You must be a licensed Realtor to list in these systems. Your property will not sell on advertising alone. Realtors® have a large contact base including, previous clients, friends, family, and other Realtors® looking for properties. Word-of-mouth is an extremely effective way to find buyers.
- They know how to price your home! Our Realtors® have access to comparative listings and recently sold properties that are similar to your property. The worst thing you can ever do when trying to sell your home is overprice it! Overpriced hoes are more likely to sit on the market because they will not show up in a potential buyers’ search criteria.
- They know how to negotiate! Our Realtors® will negotiate on your behalf. Realtors® are bound by law to act in a seller’s best interest. They are required to let you know about ALL offers.
- They are professionally trained! Our Realtors® are all professionally trained to ensure that the sale of your home goes smoothly. Should trouble arise, your Realtor® will let you know if/when you need a lawyer.
- They are your “parent”, “friend”, “analyst”, and “therapist” all rolled into one! This is going to be biggest financial decision of your life and having someone there to be your problem-solver and keep a positive approach on things is their job!